Looking for a way to motivate engagement outside stated meetings? Want to be able to share photos and messages privately with your own lodge members? Interested in increasing attendance at events, and getting RSVPs in early?
Then a new app may be right for your lodge!
Starting this fall, each California lodge can create a personalized app for their brothers’ exclusive use. The best part? There’s no cost.
Features and benefits
Helpful, fun features make it easy to connect:
• Post and comment on messages and pictures in a Facebook-like news feed.
• View calendar information for your lodge; all data is pulled in directly from calendar applications on your website or in Outlook; dates are automatically synced.
• Send notifications of events directly to members’ smartphones.
• RSVP to events straight from your smartphone.
• Browse member contact information; email and call other members with ease.
• Create smaller groups on specific topics, or send a private message a single person.
• Link to your lodge website, Trestleboard, or other important documents from the app.
• All activity is private to the members of the app only; message and post to only members on the app.
• Administrators can see reports on what is popular in your app.
Does my lodge need an app?
Before signing up, some things to consider are:
• Do brothers want to interact more often outside of lodge?
• Do lodge members already use smartphones and social media to interact with one another outside of lodge?
• Does a member (or two) of the lodge have the time to take on the administrative tasks for the app?
• Does your lodge have other systems in place that perform similar functions to this app? Will this system be redundant to other technology?
Management of the app
Your lodge’s app administrator will be responsible for setting up the app, approving members, and reviewing reports, RSVPs, etc. This member should be Web savvy: The lodge web administrator is a good candidate for this role.
Management of the app includes tasks such as:
• Approving all members within the app
• Ensuring calendar and Trestleboard links are up to date
• Review RSVPs to events
• Review monthly usage reports, RSVP reports, etc.
To get started setting up an app for your lodge, please fill out the form below, and Member Services will contact you soon, with more information: